Our disclosure policy
DEG's disclosure policy describes the information DEG publishes regularly as well as its scope.
DEG believes that transparent information about the way it operates and its financings contributes towards fulfilling its specific development mandate. The disclosure policy which was drawn up for this purpose describes the scope and type of information that we regularly make available to the public. This includes annual reports, corporate-related information and information on DEG's mode of operating, guidelines and reports. This policy does not grant any contractual or other rights to third parties. DEG’s disclosure policy is regularly reviewed and updated.
Since 2015, we have published investment-related information on the investments financed using DEG funds committed as of 1 January 2015 and for which a contractual basis exists at www.deginvest.de. Since 2020, the investment-related information is available on DEG’s website for a period of five years. For investments committed from 2022 onwards, the investment-related summary information is available online for the entire period of the contractual relationship.
In addition, since 2020, a summary of the environmental and social action plan for land-related investments (agricultural investments with primary land use greater than 5,000 hectares, larger renewable energy investments and mining) is published via a link to the respective customer’s website.
From 2022 onwards, investment-related information about newly committed fund investments will be expanded to include additional information about investee companies and the fund’s country of domicile. This information will be provided on the respective customer’s website, to which DEG provides a link.
Presumption of disclosure: As a general rule, all investments financed from our own funds are disclosed. If an investment is not published, there must be a compelling reason for this individual deviation, such as legal, regulatory or contractual confidentiality obligations.
Information regularly published by DEG
DEG publishes the following information on its website:
- the DEG organisation chart with information on divisions and departments,
- the name of DEG's Supervisory Board members (plus links to further information),
- the composition of the Supervisory Board committees,
- information on the members of DEG's Management Board and their responsibilities,
- the Management Board's code of conduct,
- yearly compiled DEG financial/management reports including the Supervisory Board's report and corporate governance report,
- DEG’s key figures: balance sheet, income statement, portfolio details shown by region and information on the commitments of the last five years, shown by region,
- information on DEG's compliance system and the confidential whistleblower system.